12 Sep Login to yourUncubed account
Create Your Account
Signup for relevant jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. You can easily unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Corporate Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective would be to offer a person with a way to better health that is financial.
LendUp is a economic technology startup located in Oakland dedicated to changing the subprime credit and financing room. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for example Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item is being utilized in 7 states and we’ve seen great press protection into the Wall Street Journal, Financial circumstances, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Just just just What we’re doing:
At LendUp our company is for a objective to supply you aren’t a path to higher health that is financial. Thousands of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are frequently unfair and limited, plus it’s simple to be caught in a financial obligation period. This is actually the very first problem LendUp attempted to re solve, through the use of our blended expertise in computer pc pc software, information science, credit, and training, to the provided passion for monetary health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternative solution to payday advances that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each time, we come across our clients succeed. We’re building additional financial loans that will assist us further speed up our objective of supplying a person with a course to raised monetary wellness.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel is going to be in charge of involved in close partnership with specific sections and get a get a get a cross practical groups to present appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise company lovers that are focusing on brand new and existing services and services and products from item development through launch, including compliance advising pertaining to such items
- Provide timely, succinct and business-focused legal counsel on federal and state customer banking and financing legislation, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security legislation.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Offer regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to help with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Provide advice that is regulatory support to LendUp’s compliance team.
- Assist banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other product security
- Instruct and handle counsel that is outside because necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing certification demands, including getting and keeping licenses
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Manage litigation and work things, and any matter impacting company, as required to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, experienced, solution-oriented and proactive attorney with expertise in the financing space
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of dilemmas pertaining to the financial solutions industry, with particular expertise on customer banking that is digital individuals in a variety of re payments systems, including issuer processors and program supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, such as the guidelines, foibles associated with banking institutions and state licensed
- Deep knowledge of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state laws and regulations associated with lending
- Capacity to balance working separately with small direction and working closely and collaboratively within a tiny team that is legal
- Capability to interface efficiently along with known quantities of the corporation (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) also to gain the trust and self- confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and extremely adaptable to a fast-changing environment
- A business that is solid with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including in-house that is practicing a fast paced FinTech startup business ( or perhaps in a comparable environment) for at the very least three years, with significant focus on customer financing
- Preferred candidate may have experience involved in the re payments area, straight with regulators representing certified organizations, and negotiating and drafting complex services contracts that are financial
- Tested solution oriented and problem that is creative
- Capability to handle assignments that are multiple, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Exceptional dental and written communication abilities and capability to work in both groups and separately
- Admitted into the CA a situation club or authorized in-house counsel with the State Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from a company that is mission-driven like an aggressive income; very very early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample payday loans Maryland vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right right here’s what we really like about LendUp lifetime:
- We’re devoted to a diverse and inclusive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and work environment that is impactful
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, exact exact same objective. ” We’re passionate about diverse prospects and also have slack networks devoted to anything from mu
LendUp is A equal possibility manager
We increase equal occupations to qualified candidates and workers for a basis that is equal of a person’s age, battle, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, gender identity or phrase, maternity status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or just about any other explanation protected for legal reasons.